If you're the proud owner of a neon sign, you'll want to make sure you keep it looking its best. Thankfully, the experts at Giga Neon have put together a few tips to help you out.
1. Clean your neon sign regularly
No matter what type of business you own, a neon sign is a great way to attract attention and customers. But like any other type of signage, neon signs need to be properly maintained in order to stay looking their best. Here are a few tips for cleaning your neon sign:
- Unplug the sign before cleaning. This is important for both your safety and the sign's.
- Use a soft, clean cloth to dust the sign. A microfiber cloth is ideal.
- If the sign is really dirty, you can use a mild soap and water solution to clean it. Just be sure to rinse the sign thoroughly afterwards.
- Never use harsh chemicals or abrasives on your neon sign. This can damage the sign and/or void your warranty.
- After cleaning, be sure to dry the sign completely before plugging it back in.
By following these simple tips, you can keep your neon sign looking its best for years to come.
2. Use a soft cloth to dust it off
If your neon sign is starting to look a bit dull, don't worry – it's easy to clean! All you need is a soft cloth and some elbow grease.
Start by dusting off the sign with the cloth. If there are any stubborn dirt or grime marks, you can use a mild soap and water solution to gently clean them off.
Once you've given the sign a good clean, it should be looking as good as new!
3. Don't use any harsh chemicals or cleaning products
You can use a glass cleaner and a soft cloth to gently wipe down the surface. Be sure to avoid using any harsh chemicals, as they can damage the glass.
You'll want to make sure the wires and connections on your neon sign are clean and free of any dirt or debris. A soft brush can be used to clean these areas.
4. Keep it out of direct sunlight
Keep it out of direct sunlight. This can damage the sign and cause it to fade over time. You'll want to make sure that the sign is mounted securely and that the electrical connection is made properly. You should consider the location of the sign carefully. Neon signs can be quite bright, so be sure that it won't be too overwhelming in its environment.
5. If it starts to look a bit faded, use a neon sign restorer
Restore your neon signs to their best condition with a restorer. While it's normal for older neon signs to show signs of wear and tear, you can lessen the damage with a restorer. However, if lights start to fade, you'll need to have your neon sign repaired.
Neon signs are a fun and unique way to add some personality to your business. However, they can also be expensive to replace if they get damaged. Keep them well maintained with these top tips. Visit Giga Neon sign for your neon sign needs.